Agriculture is a key focus area for us. We look forward to develop technologies and provide consulting services to address challenges in Food Security, Livelihood Generation, and Sustainability.
Recently, we have collaborated with SRISTI in India and Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology in Kenya to make available low cost tractors to Kenyan farmers. The Shujaa has been tailored for Kenyan conditions. We are in the look out for like-minded partners in other African countries to commercialize Shujaa or develop other appropriate technologies for local challenges.
Shujaa is a 12 hp tractor developed in collaboration with SRISTI and Microenterprises in Amreli and Una with inputs from Kenyan agricultural experts.
It is suitable to needs to the needs of smallholder farmers in Kenya and other countries with similar soils.
We are developing technologies to aid the elderly and those with disabilities to live more independent lives. More details on this will be shared soon.
Development Research and Analytics Support
We offer the following services to development agencies, academia, CSRs and NGOs:
- Project Development
- Indicator Development
- Feasibility Studies
- M&E plans
- Gap analysis
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Data Collection, Analysis and Reporting
- Impact Analysis
- Mixed Methods Research
Data Analytics and Mathematical Modelling
We provide the following services for universities and research institutions:
- Advice on tests and analysis to be performed for the clients research
- Research Designs and required sample sizes before data collection or experimentation begins.
- Survey Design
- Summary statistics, Hypothesis testing and exploratory analysis of data
- Development of Mathematical models of data
- Review of the client’s statistical analysis and it reporting to ensure the selection of tests/analyses and their interpretations are correct.
- Training of researchers in statistics as well as in the use of statistical applications in R.
Contact our team on info[at]alabasterresearch.com or fill the contact form